Keto/Low carb Chilli Con carne served with cauliflower rice or zoodles
You guys have been keeping me on top of things this week asking me for recipes! It’s so hard to write them as i never measure anything whilst I am cooking! I just throw it all in! I am really going to try and keep on top of my recipe updates for you guys promise!
This chilli con carne is made keto style but if you don’t eat keto you can easily add sweet corn , beans and rice to make it as normal!
Makes enough for 6-8 portions.
Freeze up to 3 months or eat fresh within 4 days.
500gm Minced beef
5 rashers bacon diced
1 chorizo sausage diced
2 bulbs garlic peeled and diced
2 zucchini diced
2 red capsicums diced
2 tins chopped tomatoes
3 tbs tomato paste
3 tbs ground cumin
3 tbs ground coriander
3 tbs paprika
1 tbs dried chilli flakes- or fresh chilli for more heat
1 bunch coriander
oil of your choice
1 cauliflower if you want cauli rice or 8 zucchini if you want zoodles!
- Fry the bacon, chorizo till browned then add the mince beef.
- Stir till all the minced beef is browned and season well with salt, pepper, cumin, ground coriander and paprika, capsicum and zucchini.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, paste or fresh tomatoes and once boiling turn to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour then add chilli to taste and a bunch of fresh coriander.(If you find it is too thick add some beef stock to thin it out.)
- Taste and season to your liking.
- Serve with fresh sour cream and cauliflower rice or zoodles.